General Info for Fall 2020 Ballet
As per the State and County, indoor dance classes are not permissible. So, we have created an outdoor "studio!" We are excited to report that we have a 900 square foot platform (the size of Studio D) with a marley dance floor and ballet barres. It is tucked in the southeast corner of the Java Hub parking lot, abutting our building. Please note that all classes require stable cohorts and there are no makeups, switching class or drop-ins allowed. We are also unable to accommodate requests to “customize” packages. We plan to keep this schedule for indoor classes once it is safe to do so.
1. All multi-day packages are a hybrid of Zoom and in-person classes, until we receive the "all-clear" to move indoors.
2. Ballet 1, Ballet 2, and Ballet 3 offer single-day options. Please note the single day option is Zoom only.
3. Due to the need for stable cohorts, there are no makeups or drop ins to the outdoor classes.
4. Each cohort is limited to 14 students. The stable cohort will remain together for the year.
5. We anticipate the schedule will remain the same when we move indoors (there may be slight tweaks to times, but no wholesale changes).
6. Masks are required at all times on the outdoor platform and social distancing will be practiced.
7. Students who enroll in Ballet with us are reminded that the County mandates a limit of 2 extracurricular activities/childcare settings.
8. Access to the building will be strictly regulated and will be for restroom use only. We ask that you arrive fully dressed and that whenever possible you use the restroom beforehand.
9. Please bring a water bottle.
10. Dress code: Please wear a leotard, tights and a cover up (skirt or shorts). Apply sunscreen.
11. Financial aid: The school does not receive any funding for scholarships. Due to our current financial situation, we have a limited number of partial scholarships available. We can offer monthly or bi-monthly payment plans for those who are experiencing hardship. If you are seeking financial aid, please contact email@example.com to request the financial aid forms. We ask that you submit these forms immediately, as it is essential that we have all requests submitted before we can make determinations and awards.
The platform will be sanitized between classes. All dancers/families must read and sign the SSPA 20-21 contract in order to participate.